Sunday, October 10, 2010

Heart Ability Initiative


Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it."
-
Dwight Eisenhower

I was browsing the internet for some leadership quotes that would perfectly define my idea about leadership. I found this quote and was amazed how did this guy, Mr. Eisenhower, was able to enter my mind and be able to say exactly how I want to define leadership.

I was given a topic to describe how HAI affected my views about leadersip and service.
Since high school, I attented various seminars, leadership trainings both local and national and have heard many lectures about leadership. Many have said that true leaders are good followers and there are some who told me that to a true leader is a servant. And it has always been a question whether leaders are born or made. My answer is very commonsensical: every leader has been born, of course, AND made.:)

The true meaning of leadership and service, though it has already been described and defined by many, can be found inside the heart of each and everyone. When you look into my heart, you will find three letters: H - A - I. HAI members as well as scholars thought me that leadership without H(eart), A(bility) and I(nitiative) is not leadership at all. Whenever I think about these certain kind of people, I just cant help but tell myself that there is still a light of hope beaming at the end of this journey. I still have one year in college and I know that when I reach the "light", its my time to shine my own light and extend the leadership I learned from HAI.

Doing special things for a person you barely even know makes life worth living. Helping someone grow up 
astonishingly makes your own success a beautiful success!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment